Today is special. It’s the official launch of How to Lead a Values-Based Professional Services Firm, my new book co-authored with Fran Biderman-Gross.
Over the past several days, I’ve been blogging about lessons learned from this book, which challenges professional services firms leaders to embrace a new kind of management based on purpose, values, and story. Today I wish to give thanks:
- To my co-author Fran, who challenged me to realize the full potential of the rebranding that led to the creation of the Investis Digital name in 2018.
- To clients past and present who have shaped my thinking through the work we’ve done together. I want our collaboration to always exceed your expectations.
- To the people who call Investis Digital their home. The way you live our values every day inspires me to do be a better leader. You motivate me to be a steward of the Investis Digital name and culture.
- To the people I’ve worked with long before I joined Investis Digital. You’ve taught me lessons that appear everywhere in this book.
- Most of all, anything I accomplish in life must be attributed to the inspiration provided by my parents. My mother was always there with the perfect words of encouragement and a belief in her only child that was second to none. Her words, “Someone is going to come in first today, I see no reason it can’t be you,” are motivational words that I still carry with me every day. And my dad was such an amazing parent, friend, and human being that to do anything other than your best for him would be a personal disappointment. But today, both are smiling and saying, “That’s our boy.” Thank you.
I encourage you to read How to Lead a Values-Based Professional Services Firm – and then tell me what we can do better. Tell me about your own ideas for leading the professional services industry into the 2020s and beyond.
If you are reading this book, you are a leader. Let’s lead together.